Strait-Flex Perfect 90 2-1/16" X 100' Flexible Laminate Paper Corner Trim
Strait-Flex Perfect 90 is a paper laminated composite tape that is twice as strong as conventional paper or mesh tapes; it is also twice as fast to install. The Perfect 90’s memory-free hinge design allows for easy of installation, straighter drywall corners, and perfect angles. This tape is designed for 90-degree inside corners or flat seams.
No compound is required over the pre-finished surface- just skim coat edges to finish. The Perfect 90 ensures clean, sharp corners while also removing risks of damage from a taping knife. The tape’s outer edge features a diamond punch pattern for a superior bond, faster drying, with no rippling or blistering.
Strait-Flex Perfect 90 2-1/16" X 100' Flexible Paper Corner Trim Features:
- Inside 90° corners and flat butt joints
- Twice as fast and twice as strong as conventional paper or mesh tapes- Finishes inside 90° corners in 1 coat, cutting the finish time in half
- No compound required over pre-finished surface. Just skim coat edges to finish
- Composite laminate ensures straight corners with no blistering or edge cracks
- Spans common gaps in drywall without shrinkage
- Polyurethane-laminated center ensures perfect corners without paper fuzz-up during finishing and sanding
- Diamond-punched 94 lb. paper edging allows for easier feathering, faster drying, and superior bonding strength. Also guarantees an even lay-down of the paper, providing maximum adhesion with no rippling or blistering
- Custs easily with knife or scissors
- No cracks. No callbacks
- Fold Perfect-90º in half at center crease with the print sides facing each other. For intersecting corners, cut the ends at 45º angles. For inside corners, fold less than desired angle with the print side facing out.
- With a 5” or 6” taping knife, apply a smooth, liberal coat of compound to the corner.
- Press Perfect-90º into the wet compound. Adjust, if necessary, to create a straight line.
- Wipe down tight with the taping knife using a little additional pressure on the outer edges of Perfect-90º. Let this dry completely, for several hours or overnight.
- Apply the final coat to the perforated edge only. No compound is needed over the finished area of the tape - It’s pre-treated to accept paint. Let this dry completely, for several hours or overnight.
- Sand lightly with 120 grit sandpaper. Perfect-90º will not fuzz-up like paper or mesh tapes when sanded.