Strait-Flex ET-100 Edge Tape 2” x 100’
Strait-Flex Edge Tape is a paper-faced, laminated composite edge tape that creates clean, straight edges using half the amount of standard compound. The 2” tape is designed for “Top Out” applications where drywall meets concrete ceilings, fiberglass tubs, sky lights, windows and more. The tape features an outer edge with a diamond punch pattern for a superior bond, faster drying, and no rippling or blistering.
Strait-Flex Edge Tape 2” x 100’ Features:
- Designed for commercial “Top Out” application such as use on suspended ceilings, window returns, fiberglass tubs, and sky lights.
- Rustproof and water-resistant
- 100 foot roll reduced waste up to 20% compared to tear-off bead
- Outer edge features a diamond punch pattern for a superior bond, faster drying, with no rippling or blistering
- Installs using standard compound; no spray adhesive or fasteners required
- Finisher can pre-fill edge, install Edge-Tape, and fill coat in one trip to the wall
- With a 4” or 5” taping knife, apply a smooth, liberal coat of compound to drywall edge.
- Press Edge-Tape into the wet compound. Adjust if necessary to create a straight line. Wipe down tight with taping knife using a little additional pressure on the outer edges of Edge-Tape.
- Immediately apply a light skim coat of compound over perforated edge. Wipe down smooth. Let dry completely over several hours or overnight.
- With 6” or 8” taping knife, apply your final coat of compound feathering the compound beyond previous coat. Let dry completely over several hours or overnight.
- Sand lightly with 120 grit sandpaper. Edge-Tape will not fuzz-up like paper or mesh tapes.