Resilmount A237R Furring Channel Sound Isolation Mount Clip
Box of 100
Resilmount A237R is a patented acoustic resilient sound bracket for furring channels. The A237R sound isolation clip reduces airborne and structure-born vibrations in walls and ceiling applications.
The unique sound cell design and the strong column design of the A237R clip eliminates structure borne vibrations transferring into the body of the sound isolation clip leaving a small fraction of contact surface area between the clip and the structure the clip is fastened to. This aids in absorbing and breaking up airborne sound at its transfer point. By locking to place on standard furring channels, A237R clips create a “floating wall or ceiling” that creates resiliency and breaks sound waves. Resilmount clips isolate wall and ceiling systems from the building structure resulting in premium acoustic control. Because of its unique natural absorbing characteristics Resilmount’s patented thermoplastic rubber outperforms standard rubber.
Resilmount A237R Furring Channel Sound Isolation Mount Clip Features:
- Isolate wall and ceiling systems from building structure resulting in premium acoustic control
- Engineered thermoplastic rubber outperforms standard rubber because of its sound absorbing characteristics.
- Simple design- adaptable to limitless applications
- A237R can be used with any wood, steel, CMU or concrete application.
- A237R decouples gypsum board from the structure.
- Consistent and reliable quality; manufactured under ISO9001 quality control system
- Made with environmental responsibility- ISO 14001 EMS Certification
- Cost effective solution to isolate airborne noise
- UL approved in 109 wall and ceiling assemblies.
- Equipped with pre attached fire washer for quick installation
- A237R clips can be used with 7/8” and 1-1/2” furring channels
- Provided with a 1/4” hole for a variety of fasteners.
- 1 hour fire-rated
A237R Clip Specifications:
- Width: 1.375"
- Height: 3.25"
- Depth: 1.125"
- Weight: 0.25 Lbs.
- Acoustical Design Load: 36lbs
- A237R to be fastened to structure with a minimum #8 screw or masonry sleeve anchors.
- Maximum spacing of clips on furring channel is 48”.
- Spacing between furring channels should not exceed 24”.
- Multi-family housing
- Mixed use commercial buildings
- Home Theater
How Many To Order:
It is recommended by the manufacturer that A237R clips can be spaced up to 48" apart with spacing of up to 24" between the furring channels. If using this spacing, simply divide the square footage of the area by 5. In most cases you will need to compensate for being within 6" to walls/ceilings. Take the above number and multiply by 1.23 (123%). This should provide a good estimate to the number of A237R Resilmount clips needed.
For additional information regarding the number of A237R needed, see the charts in the Product Installation Guide.