Pliteq GenieClip RST - Resilient Sound Isolation Clip
The Pliteq GenieClip RST is engineered for superior acoustical performance. The GenieClip RST is designed to reduce the transmission of airborne and impact sound through wall and floor-ceiling assemblies. The GenieClip RST is a singular molded rubber and galvanized steel mount used to attach gypsum wallboard (GWB) to either wall or floor-ceiling assemblies. The GenieClip RST is constructed from recycled components and materials, and engineered for the reduction in assembly weight; the GenieClip contributes to LEED® certified buildings.
The GenieClip RST is simple allowing for fast installation using standard steel furring channels, and is extremely stable when held in place with a single fastener. That's it! There is nothing to adjust or site fit. The furring channel is simply snapped into the GenieClip RST and the gypsum wallboard can be immediately installed.
The GenieClip RST is a molded rubber and steel isolation clip used to control sound and is designed to:
- Significantly improve low frequency sound control performance
- Substantially improve impact noise and help stop sound through walls and floor/ceiling construction
- Allow for thinner and even no resilient mat used in certain floor/ceiling assemblies
- Substantially reduce costs and associated problems in wood truss floor/ceiling construction and still meet code for fire and sound control—great for apartment construction
- No short-circuiting as is often he case with resilient channel
What is Decoupling:
Decoupling is the most efficient means to isolate sound in walls and ceilings. The GenieClip RST is recommended as the best standard resilient clip for any project, due to elaborate and successful testings for STC, OITC, IIC, and UL fire ratings.
The GenieClip RST succeeds in isolating high and low frequencies. The isolation range of the GenieClip RST is several times better than those of damping compounds or simple solutions. The low frequency isolation of the GenieClip RST is absolutely unmatched compared to any other isolation method.
Please review the installation guide below for details on how to install the GenieClip RSTs and to estimate on how many you need for your project.
GenieClip RST Product Specifications: