Resilmount A48R Resilient Right Angle Mount Bracket
Resilmount A48R is an acoustic resilient mounting bracket that can be used in a variety of wall and ceiling applications for reducing airborne and structure-borne vibration. The Resilmount A48R is designed to brace an acoustic wall to the structure without compromising sound and vibration transmission requirements. The A48R Right Angle Bracket is often used to decouple heavy items such as decoupling garage doors, projector equipment, and lockers. It can be used to support wall studs to increase wall heights without compromising the isolation of the wall from the existing structure. This allows walls to be braced back to the structure, cutting off any sound path to or from the structure.
Resilmount clips isolate wall and ceiling systems from the building structure resulting in premium acoustic control. Because of its unique natural absorbing characteristics Resilmount’s patented thermoplastic rubber outperforms standard rubber. The Resilmount A48R right angle bracket can be mounted in several different orientations for a variety of acoustic-sensitive installations.
Resilmount A48R Resilient Mount Right Angle Bracket Features:
- Unique, patented sound cell design to break up and absorb airborne sound.
- Engineered thermoplastic rubber outperforms standard rubber because of its sound absorbing characteristics.
- A48R most commonly used for decoupling framing from existing structures.
- A48R can be used to decouple almost anything-good for decoupling heavy items- from garage door motors to lockers.
- Cost-effective way to isolate airborne noise.
- Strong ‘column’ design provides minimal contact area with substrate whilst maintaining maximum structural integrity.
- Provided with several 3/16” slotted holes in bracket fixing surface, suitable for direct fastening applications.
- 1/4” hole for most common fittings like 3/16” suspension rod.
A48R Bracket Specifications:
- Width: 1- 9/16 "
- Height: 4"
- Depth: 1-9/16”
- Weight Capacity: 48lbs
- Max Spacing Between Brackets: 24”
- A48R to be fastened to structure with a minimum #8 screw or masonry sleeve anchors.
- When using in ceiling applications, always check load ratings
- Do not over tighten wall fasteners.
- Must have a A-300 washer in fire rated assemblies.
- Electrical Box or Projector Mount Isolation
- Isolation of Ceiling Fan or Vent Fan Apparatus
- Isolation of Garage Door Apparatus Isolation
- Dropped Ceilings or Walls to create a "Floating Wall/Ceiling Applications.
- Speaker and Musical Equipment Isolation
- Recessed Lighting, Heating and Venting Isolators
How Many To Order:
A48R Clips can be spaced up to 48” apart and spacing of up to 24” between channels. If using this spacing, simply divide the square footage of the area by 5. In most cases you will need to compensate for being within 6" to walls/ceilings. Take the above number and multiply by 1.23 (123%). This should provide a good estimate to the number of A48R Resilmount Right Angle Mount Brackets needed.